Manufacturer and Distributor
Manufacturer and purchaser of plumbing fittings sourced from and sold around the world came under increasing cash prressures due to a combination of short term losses, currency movements and deteriorating working capital position culminating in a £1m cash hole. Further loss of two customers comprising 20% of turnover led to immense pressure from the Group’s bankers.
- Re-costed BOMs of 10,000 products
- Implemented factory weekly P&L – identified UK manufacture brass fittings more cost effective than sourcing from China
- Replaced batch manufacturing with “just in time”
- Identified glitches in MRP system – including large one off sales
- Developed customer product profitability reports to incorporate all costs
- Strategically refocused on sales to UK Independents – higher margins
- Strategically focussed on regaining higher margin sales of “specials”
- Reorganised sales function – individual targets, telesales, internet sales
Presented the above in a three year plan which was supported by the bank with the result that the owner is now seeking a trade sale of a profitable business with a considerably enhanced value.